04 February 2008

We finally made it

The Catholic Times finally has an article about our pilgrimage to World Youth Day 2008. I suspect I shamed the article into the paper.

After submitting the press release twice over a period of several months, I sent a letter just before I left for Rome with the article in Cross Roads wondering why it was so hard to receive local coverage but not too difficult to receive it half-way around the world.

The media - even the Catholic media - is not very easy to work with and there seems to be way to consistently please them. At any rate, I'm glad we finally made it in local print.

I sent the same press releases and the same letter to the Effingham Daily News and, more than two weeks since the letter (which was sent both the Editor and to the Publisher), have received not a single response, which does not surprise me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment