20 February 2008

Requiescat in pace

In the charity of your prayers, please remember my father, George William (he went by Bill), who died twenty-two years ago this morning.

I may blog a bit about the experience later today (I can't remember if I've done so before or not). My experience that morning twenty-two years has shaped every aspect of my personality, at least so far as I can tell.

Though it is a day marked with great sadness it is a day for which I am also grateful. It was this day that I first cried out to the Lord (in not so many words): "My heart has prompted me to seek your face; I seek it Lord: do not hide from me" (Psalm 26:8-9).

This is always a difficult day for me and this year it is filled with several meetings and appointments (some of which I look forward to and some of which I do not).

Perhaps my favorite picture of my father is the one posted above. It looks to me as though Dad brought my brother and I to the mall after work to visit Santa. He holds my hand as I walk with him while he carries my brother.
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment