Despite the clear statement of the Holy Father Pope Francis that "the unfailing commitment of the Church in America to the cause of life and that of the family, which is the primary reason for my present visit," the media will continue to frame the Pontiff's words toward a political bent, either in support of the policies of the Democrat party or in opposition to those of the Republican party.
At the same time, ignoring his statement that "I do not speak to you with my voice alone, but in continuity with the words of my predecessors," they will continue to frame his works as a break from the teaching and tradition of the Church.
Both of these attempts, of course, are quite false (thought there maybe something supported by either party he might agree with, inasmuch as it conforms to the teaching of the Church).
Rather than rely on the media to present the words of the Holy Father to you and to interpret them for you, read his words for yourself.
For reasons I do not understand, neither the web site of the Holy See or of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops have posted the texts of the Pope's addresses thus far in our nation. News.va, however, has released the full texts at the end of brief reports.
As the various texts of his addresses and homilies are released to us, I will post links to them below:
- Welcome Ceremony at the White House
- Meeting with the Bishops of the United States of America
- Homily at the Canonization of Saint Junipero Serra
- Address to the Joint Meeting of the United States Congress
- Meeting with the Homeless at St. Patrick in the City
- Vespers at St. Patrick's Cathedral
- Greetings to the United Nations Organization Personnel
- Address to the United Nations General Assembly
- Prayer of the Holy Father at Ground Zero (the same prayed by Benedict XVI)
- Address at Ground Zero
- Address at Elementary School in Harlem
- Homily at Madison Square Garden
- Homily at the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul
- Address at Meeting for Religious Liberty
- Address at the Festival of Families
- Address at the Meeting with Victims of Sexual Abuse
- Address at the Meeting with Bishops Taking Part in the World Meeting of Families
- Address at Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility
- Homily at the Mass Concluding the World Meeting of Families
- Address to the Organizers, Volunteers, and Benefactors of the World Meeting of Families
- Address at the Farewell Ceremony
- Press Conference on the Return Flight