27 April 2007

Tagged again!

Andrew of Unam Sanctam has tagged me for a book meme. He wants to know what I am currently reading. Here they are in no particular order:

Homilies for Weekdays, Year II by Don Talafous, O.S.B. (Collegeville, Minnesota: Liturgical Press, 2005). This book is a series of short homilies for weekdays of Year II. It is a very helpful book with excellent reflections and homily starters.

Benedictus: Day by Day with Pope Benedict XVI, ed. Peter John Cameron, O.P. (Yonkers, New York: Magnificat, 2006). This, of course, is a must have for every fan of the Holy Father.
The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien, ed. Christopher Tolkien (New York: Houghton Mifflin Company, 2007). You simply cannot go wrong with Tolkien.
God and the World: Believeing and Living in Our Time: A Conversation with Peter Seewald by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (San Francisco, California: Ignatius Press, 2002). Again, a must have.
That's enough books to read at one time.

I hereby tag for this meme: The Roving Medievalist, DilexitPrior, Ellen at From Across the Net and Brad Harvey of Leave Your Head at the Door.

5 comments:

  1. I knew you'd do that when I'm reading something not quite kosher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I tell the secretaries about some of the magazines, journals and newspapers I read: this one I read to know what's going on, this I read for the pictures, and this one I read to know what the enemy is saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had far too much experience of what the enemy's saying just from moderating my comments the last couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's that great line?

    "See those Christians, how they love another."

    Somehow we've lost a bit of that.

    ReplyDelete