20 April 2007

I.A.M.S.

This evening I attended the First Annual Hall of Fame Induction Banquet of the International Association of Mystery Solvers at the high school.

This was the dinner theatre mystery program put on by the high school students I mentioned earlier. I had never been to one of these before but always wanted to attend. I'm glad I did; I enjoyed the evening very much.

The students put the program together rather quickly, in about three weeks' time if I'm not mistaken. They did an excellent job, as usual, and the dinner sold out.

Our students are not only intellectually and athletically gifted, but dramatically as well (I'm not sure if this is a proper use of the word but I don't know how else to put it). They should be very proud of their accomplishments. I only wish the received as much recognition for their academic and dramatic feats as they do for their athletic ones.

Well done, thespians and crew! Keep up the good work!

3 comments:

  1. Never knew a teenager who wasn't gifted, in the drama department. I don't think that's quite what you meant, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. When I typed it, I meant to use dramatic to include music, too. After I posted it realized that didn't quite do it, either...

    Oh well, it's been a long week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. International Association of Mystery Solvers. Wow! How interesting. Wish I had that when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete