11 May 2009

Some promises are easier to keep than others

After taking me out for pizza Friday afternoon, some of the high school students made me make a promise that will be easy to keep, as I don't expect the circumstances they envision will ever come to pass (at least I pray they don't!).

They insisted I sign a piece of paper on which they wrote:
When I become Pope of the Roman Catholic Church I will let R.W., J.J., D.O., D.F., and J.K. [their names I have reduced to initials] live in the Vatican with me and all my homies.

D.O. and D.F. were not in the original version of the "document" since they weren't in the room at the time, but were later added to it. To verify it I was made to initial the document.

The students are requiring me to keep this paper in my wallet. Aren't they great?

No comments:

Post a Comment