04 May 2009

I wish I was as cool as a drummer

Yesterday evening I attended the Spring Concert performed by the band and chorus members of our high school. It was a great time and they performed very well.


Our guidance counselor, chemistry and physic teacher and I even made a cameo appearance in the percusion section playing the cow bell, tambourine and sleigh bells in James Polyhar's "Concerto for Faculty and Brass." I had the sleigh bells.


We first had to "tune" our instruments:

And now, for some serious, light-hearted music:



We also tried our hands at the cymballs, missing our cues each time (purposely, though a few people seemed not to have caught on):




Clanging the cymbals together was a blast!

A new drum line concluded the evening with Lalo Davila's "Short Circuits", hence the title to this post:

The video didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped, but those little moving lines in the center are the drum sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment