25 May 2009

Hawaiian paintings

Going about tidying my suite this evening, I realized that I have yet to post pictures of the paintings I acquired this past February in Hawaii that I recently had framed.

First, we have a painting of the white and yellow plumeria, one of my favorite flowers:

I bought it from an artist at Waikiki Beach, the only such artist that I found. Apparently with the economic downtown art - being a nonessential - is not selling and therefore forcing many artists to seek other gainful work.

Second, we have a painting of the setting sun over the ocean:

This one I bought from an artist who had to close his school and studio and was selling his students' work at the Aloha Stadium weekly sale.

These two pieces will go very well in my new home this September.

No comments:

Post a Comment