11 May 2009

Distractions

I spent most of the day in the high school office writing letters and attending to other paper work. The office provides enough lively distraction to keep such business from getting tedious. Sometimes I wonder, though, if the students are more of a distraction to me or if I am more of a distraction to them.

With the building of our new grade school, the lunch program at the high school (and at the grade school) has ended for the year. The students now either bring their lunch or order from one a few local restaurants who bring in the food.

We're also offering hamburgers and hotdogs grilled at the high school. Today I popped outside to help grill pineapple rings to place on hamburgers. Everybody seems to think I'm nuts when I suggest it, but once I finally convince - or demand - that they try it, they like it.

In the afternoon one of the students wanted to go up to the roof to take pictures of the softball field. For whatever reason, I decided to go with. And I'm glad I did, because the view of the church from the roof of the high school is great:

And since I was up there:

It seems that with the day's beautiful weather, at least one of our classes met outside. Naturally, the site of a priest on the roof caused another distraction:

No comments:

Post a Comment