20 June 2007

Everybody's favorite hippy?

There are those accustomed to thinking of St. Francis of Assisi as the innocuous patron of the local bird bath, a charming but basically harmless lover of nature, a simple-minded but peace-loving man. Then there is the reality.

-Sister M. Regina Buchanan


  1. Thank you for that. I've found that the "hippy" figure is in the imagination of a lot of people when they think of St. Francis.

    And don't get me started on "Brother Sun, Sister Moon."

  2. That's a mighty gross felt banner there, Father.


  3. Thom, you ought to try the movie Saint Francis put out by Ignatius Press. It's Italian with English subtitles and is quite good.

    That's why I chose it, Ma Beck :)

  4. Father,
    That banner might put Jeffrey into a screaming fit.

    It gave me a chill.

  5. I told you Fr., character assasination.

  6. I'm sorry Cannonball; I can't remember to what you are referring.