- This story is a bit old, but new to me. Senator John Hoffman (D-Minnesota) believes that calling a certain fish Asian (as in the Asian Carp) is "hurtful" and "offensive," so much so that he introduced legislation to change the name of the Asian Carp to the Invasive Carp.
- Just in case you somehow never learned how to toast a marshmallow over a fire, the U.S. Forest Service has compiled a helpful (?) guide on how to do so (though the administration does not yet have a strategy about what to do with ISIS).
- Governor Neil Abercrombie (D-Hawaii) lost the primary note in a recent - and historic - vote as he sought another turn at governing the Hawaiian islands. Governor Abercrombie attributes his loss to his decision to legalize same-sex 'marriage'. I hope he's right.
- After years of increasing violence against Christians in north Nigeria and after watching the growth of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, Boko Haram has declared the beginning of an Islamic State in Nigeria. The reaction from world leaders has been minimal.
- After months of verbal abuse and threats of physical violence, a group of orthodox Jews have abandoned their homes in Guatemala to seek new homes elsewhere.
- Krista Hodges, a teacher in California, has been reprimanded after tweeting that she wanted to stab some of her students and her "trigger finger is itchy." That's right; she wasn't fired, only reprimanded. We are assured by her supporters that she is a "great teacher". Hodges has apologized and said she was only kidding. Some joke.
- More than 1,400 children were sexually abused by Asian members of a gang in Rotherham over a 16 year period. The South Yorkshire Police and the Rotherham council knew of the abuse and yet did nothing about it so as not to appear racist.
Post a Comment