We pray tonight in the cathedral church at 7:00 PM the Repentance and Prayer for Those Harmed in the Church.
After Christ speaks to us in the Liturgy of the Word, we will pray a litany that focuses on the following:
- For sins in general;
- For sins of clerical sexual abuse of minors;
- For other sins of unchastity;
- For sins of theft and financial misconduct;
- For sins of a lack of pastoral sensitivity in the closing of parishes and schools;
- For sins of negligence or unresponsiveness to parishioners’ spiritual needs; and
- For sins of failing to live a holy life
All are welcome. Come and pray. If you cannot, keep in your mind and heart all those harmed.