29 September 2007

It's been a long time coming

When first I agreed to be the assistant soccer coach, the players insisted that I wear my cassock, cape and biretta to every game, an insistance upon which I refused (for reasons of heat if nothing else; that cape is rather heavy!).

I told them I wouldn't wear the biretta because it didn't block the sun (but oddly enough I haven't worn another hat during the games) and in an effort to humor them I placed an order for a new hat, a capello Romano, a Roman hat:


I placed the order on the 9th of August and have been wondering about it ever since.

I e-mailed a query regarding its status yesterday and received a response this morning: the store from which I ordered it received the hat yesterday and will ship it Monday. I expect it will arrive in time for Thursday's game against our high school's main rival, Teutopolis. That should make the team happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment