21 September 2007

Can I have an assistant?

There are days, as I've mentioned here before, that I would dearly love having a personal secretary, assistant, or whatever it is that we call them these days. How much easier life would be!

I'm feeling that especially now as I return from a week away from the parish at our convention. While there I played a good game of Monopoly with several other priests, one of whom hadn't played for as long as I've been alive (I didn't win).

In my last post I talked very briefly about our plans to attend WYD and the necessary - and providential - stop in Honolulu. I returned to the parish Tuesday evening for a soccer game in Altamont (we tied 0-0) and put up some announcements in the high school about the plans.

I didnt' think I'd have too many interested, both because of costs and because of the length of the pilgrimage. I was wrong.

I have - according to the easiest plans - nine spots for kids available and fourteen interested that I know of. I'm told there are five or more seniors who are very interested who have not yet contacted me.

I'm holding a meeting today at the high school during lunch for interested students and one Sunday afternoon for interested parents.

I'm happy to say that I have two chaperones already lined up and that a neighboring pastor is making the arrangements for his group and will simply double them for us. I only want to take a dozen - kids and adults - because it's easier to travel in small groups. It's also much less money that we have to raise in a very short period of time. But I also don't want to turn a kid away who wants to come.

Oh, what to do, what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment