10 January 2011

The echo of words

When I was in the seminary one of my dearest friends in Quincy once joked that wherever the Bishop was, I was sure to be close behind. While not entirely fair, there was some truth to his words as I enjoyed assisting the Bishop in whatever capacity I could and I was with the Bishop many of the times he was in Quincy.

Now, in just a few hours time, his words will prove prophetic as my pastorate of the parishes of Holy Cross in Auburn, Sacred Heart in Virden and of St. Patrick in Girard ceases and I become the Episcopal Master of Ceremonies (and driver) and the Associate Director of the Office for Vocations.

1 comment:

  1. Fr. Zehnle, I pray for you as you begin this new journey in your Priesthood! Peace and blessings to you! In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

    ReplyDelete