24 August 2010

Pastoral statistics

Much of my duties these past few weeks have involved looking through papers, creating files and learning the lay of the land, as it were. As such, there hasn't been a great deal of interesting things to post about, unless you like hearing about filing systems, the joys of coordinating schedules and other such things.

Before I find new things to blog about, I thought I might pass on to you a few of my pastoral statistics from my present assignments. I am responsible for:

8 towns;
3 parishes;
4 churches;
3 halls;
2 rectories;
2 cemeteries; and
1 school building

3 comments:

  1. It's rough when there's both a shortage of priests and the bishop figures out that you are a) young and b)competent.

    Speaking of which, your little "about me" in the corner does not include Auburn! You're slipping, mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably a very old-fashioned expression, but it is the first thing that came to mind when I read what you are responsible for....

    HOLY COW!!!

    All we can do is the best we can do. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot:

    1 Hawaiian BBQ

    ReplyDelete