15 August 2010

A full day

The second full weekend in August marks the annual picnic of St. Anthony of Padua Parish in Effingham, where I formerly was Parochial Vicar. The Saturday morning before the picnic now marks the annual Bulldog Challenge, held in memory of Colin Woods.

Friday evening I returned to Effingham to participate in the 5K walk side of the Bulldog Challenge, and to visit a soccer practice (the team is looking good this year).

Though it was a very warm morning, the Bulldog Challenge was - as always - a most enjoyable event. Each year since its inception it has grown and this year saw some 400+ runners and walkers.

After celebrating the Vigil Mass of the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, I joined about fifteen of my brother priests and Bishop Paprocki in Riverton for a dinner held to welcome to new pastors in the Springfield deanery.

It was a relaxing way to end the day and a fitting way to honor this weekend's great liturgical feast. It was also at the dinner that I received a friendly scolding or sorts to resume regular blogging. That, hopefully, will resume this week. I'm nearly settled into my new rectory and office and things are beginning to quiet down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment