06 August 2010

On the concert

Last evening's concert of Libera at the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis marked the last of the Cathedral Concerts under the guidance of Dr. John Romeri, who memborably described Libera as "not your mother's boys choir."

The concert was, to say the least, memorable, moving and most enjoyable. To hear the beautiful harmony of the boys and to see the enthusiasm and joy with which they sing was a great delight.

There are some forty boys in the choir school and twenty-two of them were present for the concert. Afterwards they signed CDs and programs and chatted with their audience.

All in all, it was a magnificent evening and well worth the four hours of sleep I had last night after my return trip to Auburn.

And now, for your listening pleasure on this Feast of the Transfiguration, hear Libera sing "How Shall I Sing That Majesty?":



Sadly, photography was not permitted during the concert, but I did manage to take a picture of some of the boys at their table as they signed various items. My camera isn't handy at the moment, but I'll try to post that later for you.

2 comments:

  1. Father,

    My friend (and fellow seminarian) Jason and I were headed back to Virginia from IPF at Omaha and he wanted me to see the Cathedral. We drove up about 10 minutes before the concert was set to begin, but because we had to get to Virginia today (and to Evansville, Indiana last night) we decided not to see if there were tickets remaining...

    Today we regretted the decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, you missed a sound of heaven. If you have the opportunity again, don't pass it up (and let me know about it).

    ReplyDelete