31 August 2009

Sometimes I should pay more attention

Last evening I began the tedious process of packing my earthly belongings in preparation for my move to Virden on September 12th, beginning with my library.

As I promised the high school students when I first told them of my transfer, I am offering church service hours to those who help me pack. Three of the students took me up on the offer last night.

We packed books for about an hour and a half and are only half-way through the books in my library. I still have other books in my sitting room and in my library. It seems I am going to need for boxes for books that I anticipated.

I would have liked to pack my library last, but I need a place to put boxes once I begin packing my living quarters and the library seemed the best place in the rectory to do so.

Yesterday afternoon the Pastor asked me to take his classes today with the seniors so he could be with his family. I happily agreed. Today I am to cover the first chapter of their textbook. Since I have a copy of the book I told him I would not need his book.

I thought I had the book on my shelf in my office. I know that I did at one time, but I must have sometime moved it into the my library in the rectory. Naturally enough, when I went looking for it a few minutes ago I found that I must have packed it last night. Oops!

Fortunately, the Pastor left his book on the floor in his office where I easily spotted it. I have made a copy of the first chapter and am now ready for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment