05 August 2009

Memories from childhood

One of my favorite movies from my childhood is The NeverEnding Story, based on the book of the same name. My aunt first introduced me to the book and it is one that I have enjoyed ever since.

At the beginning of the movie, Sebastian takes The NeverEnding Story into the school attic and lies down to read it on the floor. It is a scene that I've always remembered and call to mind whenever I plop down on the floor, pull a cover over me and open the pages of a good book. To this day, it is one of my favorite positions in which to read, though it does get sore on the elbows after a time.

This morning I have felt very much like Sebastian. I awoke to a very heavy fog which has sapped much of my strength and energy, though I am beginning to feel better as the day progresses.

I've spent the morning on the floor with my laptop and telephone (thank the Lord for long cords!) seeing to various correspondences, an activity which I think will continue a bit longer. I've rescheduled a couple appointments from this morning for later this week and next and hope to be able to keep an appointment at 1:00.

Until then, I think I'll watch The NeverEnding Story as I continue to work on e-mail and letters on the floor:

No comments:

Post a Comment