11 April 2008

A few links

  • Thom’s “‘hippie’ manifesto” over at Ad Dominum is a fine post on peace and the choice of Christians.
  • Adam’s Ale has an interesting – and true – post about media recognizability, UPS and the Catholic Church, as only Fr. V. could do.
  • Hallowed Ground, which is always a good place to visit for pictures, has a post of quotes from the Church Fathers on the primacy of Peter.
  • While standing on his head, Fr. Longenecker has been busy with a few good posts, one of the true definition of marriage and another on his own impressions from celebrating the Mass ad orientem. From the few times that I have celebrated ad orientem, I agree entirely with these impressions.
  • The Crescat has some lovely images of the Crucifixion. While you’re there, don’t forget to vote for the 2008 Carolina Cannonball Awards. My blog, Servant and Steward, has been nominated in the “Best Under Appreciated Catholic Blog” category and my other blog, A Beggar for Love, has been nominated in the categories of “Best Under Appreciated Catholic Blog,” Best Spiritual Treat Blog,” and “Best Potpourri of Popery.”
  • Diogenes comments on the prayer the Holy Father is to pray at Ground Zero. I rather agree with him. Pope Benedict XVI has been known to do things “off the cuff” before; perhaps he will do so here.
  • Rocco passes along a proposal from pewsitter.com to welcome Pope Benedict XVI on Tuesday by ringing church bells across the nation. Since I won’t be around I’ll try to convince my pastor to ring the bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment