12 April 2008

In the local news

Our Diocesan newspaper, the Catholic Times, carries a story in this week's issue about pilgrims from the Diocese who will be attending some of Papal events next week. The article says that I am "the youngest priest attending the Washington Mass;" I presume this means from the Diocese. The article also mentions the group that I will meet and return home with in Newark.

The article mentions that I have "plans" to go to New York, which strikes me rather significantly since the paper went to press at least a full day before I even knew that I had a ticket to the Mass at Yankee Stadium! Prior to 4:00 p.m. yesterday I had no plans at all to go to New York...

In his weekly column "Grace and Mercy," Bishop Lucas asks us to pray for this visit of the Holy Father and to listen to the words he speaks so that we might "learn more about what Catholics believe and to put what we believe into practice more wholeheartedly as followers of Jesus Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment