09 April 2008

A day in the life of this priest

From time to time people will ask what a day in the life of a priest is like. Of course, each day is different, with its own joys or hardships.

After celebrating Mass with the first, second and third graders, I received a second grader into the communion of the Catholic Church so that she might receive Holy Communion with her classmates in two weeks' time.

Afterwards I went to my office to work on a few things before teaching my class on suffering and death (we spoke about indulgences). After class I played a game of chess in the chess club meeting during lunch.

I returned to the rectory for mid day prayer and a lunch of my own and played a bit of Final Fantasy III (I did go ahead and buy a Nintendo DS).

I then returned to the office to work on an insert for this weekend's bulletin abou the upcoming Apostolic Journey of Pope Benedict XVI.

I went to the high school at 4:45 p.m. to bless our band students who left this evening for Florida and who will return, I think, on Sunday evening.

After a quick supper, I met with our 8th grade PSR students and talked with them about the Pope's visit and a few other things.

Now, I'm going to work on a couple of letters, tidy up my desk, answer a few emails and go read a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment