21 April 2008

Meanwhile, back at reality

After a long bus ride from New York to Indianapolis, I arrived safely in Effingham this morning about 9:30 and entered quickly - though a bit unwilingly - back into reality.

I met with a couple preparing for marriage after lunch and went with our WYSE team to be recognized by the County Board for taking third place in the State competion (one of our students took first place in math!).

I walked there and back from the parish - and to the high school - and bumped into a few parishioners along the way and some other people whom I know through various means.

After dinner I went to the Board of Education meeting, which lasted two and a half hours. Life back in the parish isn't quite as exciting as what commenter CAH has termed Benedictapalooza 2008. I hope there will be another one in 2009!

During the drive back to Effingham it occured to me that in just over three months time I've seen Pope Benedict XVI six times! And now that I'm back in reality I do miss seeing the Holy Father seemingly everywhere I went.

I'm off to bed soon - after I upload a few pictures - and in the morning the Pastor wants me to take his bulletin column this weekend giving some thoughts about my little pilgrimage out east. This morning I submitted an article for our Diocesan paper. Once both have been published, I'll post the texts on the blog for you.

I'm not ready to be back in Efingham now, but hopefully I will be in the morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment