07 February 2007

Something to make you laugh

What follows is what I like to call one of my many "Stupid Daren Stories."

Yesterday afternoon I popped over to the rectory to collect a few books to take to my classroom at the high school, but before I went to the high school I had to stop back at the parish office for a moment.

As I was walking across the driveway between the rectory and the office, I pulled out my car key - one of the one's with keyless entry - and I repeatedly pressed the "unlock" button in the direction of the office and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I didn't see any flashing lights around the back door of the office and why the office door wasn't opening for me...

I know, laugh hysterically at my stupidity as I did, only don't get hurt (not that I did get hurt, well, my pride maybe...).

However, this could be the beginning of a keyless world, or at least of those dumb automatic doors that are suppossed to sense you approaching them and that - if they do actually happen to notice you coming - open far too slowly for a fast walker like myself. The trouble with those doors is that even a little bird can trigger them, thereby wasting valuable electricity. Having a little button you could carry around could save money... Do we have any inventors out there?

2 comments:

  1. Just wait. It gets worse with each passing decade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keys: I've done that with the keys to my car, which I have used on the front door, and vice versa. If this is age related, there's no telling what it'll be like when I'm 30.
    I know what you mean about the doors opening automatically. I have to abruptly stop in order to wait for them to slide open.

    ReplyDelete