04 April 2014

Welcome your servant, Lord

Fortified with the Sacraments of Holy Mother Church, my beloved Grandmother, Mildred "Millie" Zehnle, died very peacefully Thursday evening.

Earlier that day I knelt in my room before an image of il Volto Santo, the Holy Face of Jesus, and prayed the Commendation of the Dying for her, one of the Church's most beautiful prayers, through which we pray, in part:
I commend you, my dear brother/sister, to almighty God,
and entrust you to your Creator.
May you return to him
who formed you from the dust of the earth.
May holy Mary, the angels, and all the saints
come to meet you as you go forth from this life.
May Christ who was crucified for you
bring you freedom and peace.
May Christ who died for you
admit you into his garden of paradise.
May Christ, the true Shepherd,
acknowledge you as one of his flock.
May you see the Redeemer face to face,
and enjoy the vision of God for ever.
R. Amen.
Please remember her, together with me and my family, in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment