02 April 2014

An old school Twitter account?

When I was in the seminary I had a dry erase board hanging outside of my room. Each morning I would write a quotation from another person (generally someone famous) regarding something pertaining to the day, some recent event, or simply something that interested me. The board was enjoyed by many and even resulted in a few responses being written by passersby.

Today I decide to resume this old custom and hung a dry erase board outside my room at the Casa Santa Maria (there was already a hole in the wall so I thought I might as well put it to use:


Just after I hung the board, one my neighbors said to me, "I like it. It's like an old school Twitter account."

If you're curious, the first quote comes from T.S. Eliot: "April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment