17 April 2011

A fellow blogger needs your help

The Holy See will soon be sponsoring what one might call a "Vatican blognic."  In reality, it is a conference for Catholic bloggers sponsoring by the Pontifical Councils for Culture and for Social Communication to be held May 2nd, the day after the beatification of the Servant of God Pope John Paul II.

150 bloggers have been invited by the Pontifical Councils to attend the conference and my friend The Crescat - formerly known also as the Carolina Cannonball - is one of the chosen ones.  I admit: I'm a bit jealous.

Her blog has brought to me many bursts of uncontrollable laughter, deep thoughts and images to ponder.  Her blog is forthright and honest and through it she takes us along on her journey as a single mother in the spiritual life.  If you don't yet read her blog regularly, I highly recommend you do so.

Now, The Crescat naturally wants to attend the conference but to do so she needs our help.  A flight to Rome is not easy to muster up on such short notice and so she has humbly asked the kind assistance of people of good will.

Won't you please consider making a donation to help with the expenses of her flight?  I've made a donation and I ask you to do the same, however small; many small donations make one large gift.

You can click the donate button at the top right of her blog to make a secure donation.  Think of it as part of your Lenten alms.  And be sure to join me in remembering her and the other bloggers in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment