11 January 2009

Oremus

In the charity of your prayers, please remember one of our high school students who is in serious condition. She was involved in an automobile accident late Friday night. At this time, I cannot give more information than this.

I've been very proud of our students. They've been contacting both the Pastor and I to help coordinate and organize prayers for those involved in the accident. Last night they prayed the Rosary after Mass, and they asked for a prayer service this afternoon.

At 3:00 p.m., we will pray the Litany of Saint Anthony of Padua, after a reading or two from the Scriptures and a brief homily.

I'm not sure what I'll say at this point yet, but I think I'll focus on the intercession of the Saints and why we can turn to them in times of difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment