22 January 2009

Marching for Life

Just a quick note to explain my absence.

I'm currently in the Capitol for the March for Life, traveling with a group of 171 people from across the Diocese (just one of several groups arriving from central Illinois). I'm happy to have brought ten of our high school students with me and two adult chaperones.

We arrived in Washington, D.C. yesterday afternoon and went to the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to attend the Vigil Mass. You might have seen our group on EWTN dressed in white hoodies:

One of my kids took a good picture of me at the procession into Mass:


Word from home has reached us that we were on EWTN a few times and yours truly was on twice. One of our parishioners - and a parent of one of our pilgrims - said he could count all of my grey hairs.

Later today we'll tour the war memorials and tomorrow we're heading to New York to visit St. Patrick's Cathedral, Ground Zero and the convent of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.

I'll be returning to Effingham Saturday morning, when blogging will resume it's usual routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment