23 June 2008

Where've I been?

If you're wondering why I've been rather quiet on the blog as of late, the answer is simple: I've been occupied with other things :)

Friday I went to St. Louis to visit with two high school friends and their spouses. We went to the zoo (which I remember being much larger), to the arch and out to dinner at a nice Italian restaurant which had delicious appetizers.

Saturday morning I returned to Effingham, after getting lost a few times on my way to drop off one of my friends to meet his wife who went to visit a friend of theirs and after stopping at one of the religious goods stores.

Consequently, I was only able to jot down a few ideas for my homily on paper, which seemed to hit home for a few people. I'm going to try to make more sense of it in a concrete manner for you.

I spent yesterday afternoon tidying up my office, library and suite in preparation for next week's departure; I hate returning to an unkempt mess.

Today I've been preparing for a class that I will teach tomorrow evening on St. John the Baptist at our mission parish (if you're in the area and are free tomorrow at 7:00 p.m., come on out!).

This afternoon I penned another Letter to the Editor, this one reminding voters about the essential and primary "issues." I'll post it once it's published.

I've just returned from a pickup soccer game which didn't go very well. The team we played was simply much better than us. Nevertheless, the kids seemed to keep their spirits and played well, with a couple of goof ups here and here which provided a strange moment of laughter.

Now I'm off to grab a quick bite to eat and then continue working on tomorrow's class. There's something particularly significant about those locusts and wild honey that John ate, but I can't seem to recall what it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment