28 February 2009

What I wouldn't give for a driver!

Tomorrow begins a week that is, so far as I can guess, going to be quite exhausting. I will be spending - minimally - seventeen hours in my car Sunday through Thursday alone, and Friday and Saturday could see me driving another fourteen hours. Does that not sound exciting?

As I consider the coming week, I really can't quite figure out how or why the week is so packing with travel. I wish, though, it weren't the case.

Tomorrow I will be going to Springfield for the Rite of Election and Call to Continuing Conversion. Tomorrow evening, after returning to Effingham, I'll go north a bit to Mattoon to watch a soccer game some of our students will play.

Monday I have an appointment with my rheumatologist in St. Louis. I've rescheduled this appointment four times already and really don't want to do so again, and need more medicine so he'll want to see me. It could be a very brief visit, or a lengthy one. I'm hoping for the former.

Tuesday I hope to be able to stay in Effingham, hiding and resting.

Wednesday I am taking a group of students to Springfield for Catholics at the Capitol.

Thursday I will return to Springfield for a meeting of the Priests Personnel Board.

Franciscan University in Stuebenville, Ohio has asked me to speak to their liturgy committee about the Triduum and St. Francis and the Liturgy. While we have not quite yet confirmed the day of my visit, they are hoping for this coming Saturday, meaning I would drive there on Friday, give my two talks on Saturday and return to Effingham that same afternoon. Ouch. Big time.

In the morning I hope to see if our retired priest can cover my duties here on Saturday and - if he's willing - on Sunday, too. That would help me tremendously. Of course, it all depends on whether he's covering someplace else, which is always possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment