12 May 2008

Look East, young man!

Fr. Longenecker has a post describing a conversation he had with several high school boys after celebrating Mass ad orientem.

I've celebrated Mass ad orientem with high school students twice and I never had a single complaint or question about it. It was obvious to all that the room we were in didn't have space for me to stand "on the other side of the altar" (if I did they would have been right up to the altar).

I said nothing at the time, nor afterwards, and gave no indication it was "big deal," so to speak.

Not a one of them questioned it afterwards.

I've also celebrated Mass ad orientem in our mission parish now three times, also without any mention of it from me. The only comments I've heard regarding it are positive and appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment