29 July 2015

The March of Dimes is "neutral on the subject of abortion"

It has not happened since I have been back in the United States of America yet this summer, but in years past the cashiers at some of the stores I shopped at would ask me a simple question: "Would you like to make a donation to the March of Dimes to help save babies?"

My response to this question always surprised the cashiers and my response was always the same:
No, I would not. The March of Dimes helps fund Planned Parenthood, the leading provider of abortions in this country and killing babies seems a very strange way to save them. I was born six weeks premature and I do not support the March of Dimes.
The cashiers always responded with expressions of surprise and sometimes even shock.

I do not blame the cashiers for being surprised. What the March of Dimes does with monies collected under the pretense of a mission to "help moms have full-term pregnancies and research the problems that threaten the health of babies." Nothing threatens the health of a baby quite like abortion.

For its part, the March of Dimes maintains that it has no direct connections to Planned Parenthood, though local affiliates of the March of Dimes have made donations to Planned Parenthood and insists that "The March of Dimes is neutral on the subject of abortion." How one can simply remain "neutral" on the killing of children in their mothers' wombs is simply beyond me.

If the March of Dimes cannot see that abortion poses the greatest threat to the life of unborn babies, it is unworthy of your donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment