04 March 2012

Forward, to the past!

Since the days of childhood I have loved the Middle Ages.  Often as a boy I pretended to be a knight or a king and made attempts at fort building in the fields behind our house.  Inside I was continually building a bigger and better castle out of Legos.

As I grew up, I found a special love for the early and medieval history of Britain, in particular anything dealing with King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table.

As an adult, I developed a great love for travelling and from time to time suffer from a bout of wanderlust.

Yesterday, while browsing in a book store, I found the perfect book for someone like me.  It is a book by Dr. Ian Mortimer that combines travelling, the Middle Ages, and England:

Now I can't wait for my next travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment