17 June 2009

A busy day?

Today feels as though it will be a busy day, although I do not think it will be any busier than a normal day during the school year. Isn't strange how "busy" days in the summer aren't as busy as "busy" days in the rest of the year.


I have already celebrated Mass and now I have a few things to see to here in the office before the rest of the world gets to work.

At 9:00 a.m., I will meet with a couple whose wedding I will witness next month. They have a few questions to ask before all of their preparations will (I think) be complete.

Around 10:00 a.m., Father Davies Edassery, SAC will be visiting the parish with his religious superior.

At 10:30 a.m., I will celebrate Mass at an assisted living facility within the parish (the one I like to call the "St. Anthony of Padua Retirement Monastery") and receive a 78 year old women into the Church. Baptized 63 years ago she moved into this particular facility a few years ago and was so impressed by the faithful Catholics there who gather each day for prayer and fellowship that she wished to one of them. She is very excited about today. I am, too.

At 1:30 p.m., I will meet with a spiritual directee.

At 5:30 p.m., we have soccer practice to prepare for a tournament this weekend.

At 7:00 p.m., I will have dinner with a couple of parishioners. I will be with them next week and about 25 high school students on a mission work camp (more on this later).

At 9:00 p.m., I will meet with the Mom's Ministry group and talk with them about the virtues, namely what a virtue is and what virtues they should strive after as women and mothers.

You'll notice - most likely - that open space of time in the later part of the afternoon. If Father Edassery is still around I will visit with him. If he is not I will use that time for a bit of rest. The weather has been playing havoc lately with my arthritis. Humidity is nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment