12 January 2012

What's on your night stand?

One of my long-time friends recently asked me for a list of books she should read.  After a quick perusal through my shelves I sent her the following list (in no particular order):
  • The Clown of God by Tomie dePaolo
  • The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
  • Letters to a Young Catholic by George Weigel
  • The Life of St. Clare Virgin by Thomas (Tomaso) of Celano
  • Seven Words of Jesus and Mary by Fulton J. Sheen
  • The Art of Dying Well by Robert Bellarmine
  • Angels (And Demons) by Peter Kreeft
  • Ten Dates Every Catholic Should Know by Diane Moczar
  • The New Anti-Catholicism: The Last Acceptable Prejudice by Philip Jenkins
  • The Art of Loving God by St. Francis de Sales
  • The Fulfillment of All Desire: A Guidebook for the Journey to God Based on the Wisdom of the Saints by Ralph Martin
Now you have you reading list for 2012.  Enjoy!


  1. We have the first two. The 2nd one in both English and French, I haven't seen the other ones around, but that doesn't mean Jon hasn't placed them somewhere.

    On the other hand, you asked "What's on your nightstand?" My answer: Diapers, and Thank You cards. ;)

  2. I saw a pop-up edition of The Little Prince at Barnes & Noble before Christmas that I almost bought.

    You should put the other books on your wish list.

    I've never thought about writing thank you notes in bed.