12 March 2009

An invitation accepted

I received last week an unexpected telephone call from Dr. Robert Gervasi, the President of Quincy University.

When I returned his call, I wondered why he had called me. The answer was simple: he called to invite me to his Inauguration and the luncheon preceding on April 3rd. When I spoke with him I assured him that I would make every effort to attend.

This morning the invitation arrived in the mail and I am delighted to accept it.

The day will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a symposium on Franciscan spirituality in the educational setting; I am especially looking forward to this. The Luncheon will follow at Noon and the inauguration will be held at 2:00 p.m. The day's celebrations will conclude with Holy Mass in the chapel at 5:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment