07 March 2009

In Steubenville

I arrived last night in Steubenville, Ohio after an eight-hour drive from Effingham.

This was, I think, my first time driving in Ohio. Back in Illinois the left lane is to be reserved for passing and for faster traffic; I get the impression that such is not the case in Ohio.

This morning at 11:00 a.m. I will be talking with the Liturgy committee of the Franciscan University of Steubenville about Saint Francis of Assisi and the Liturgy. If I had to title my talk, I would either call it "The Franciscan Sanctuary" or "Franciscan Liturgiology."

I will celebrate Mass at Noon, which will be followed by lunch.

At 2:00 p.m. I will speak with the Liturgy committee about the Triduum.

I will try to record both of these talks for podcasting. I know that I am several weeks behind on my podcasts and I hope to catch up on them either tomorrow afternoon or Monday.

At 4:00 this afternoon I am scheduled for a tour of the campus, though I'm not certain I'll be able to do so.

I'm trying to determine the best method for returning to Effingham. Our retired priest is covering my Masses back at the parish this evening and tomorrow morning, but I'm still schedule for the Life Teen Mass across town tomorrow evening. I can't quite tell if returning home late tonight would be better than returning tomorrow just in time for Mass. Neither option is all too good, but I am leaning toward the first, especially since there seems to be a cold front moving in in a day or so and I really do not want to drive through it.

I need to review my thoughts for the two talks today; if there's time before my first talk, I may do a bit more blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment