12 September 2010

Overheard in the sacristy

Last evening before Mass, I overheard a classic exchange between the two servers.

Both servers were seated, awaiting the time for Mass to begin. Server A brought a couple of books with him, one of them being a catechism of some sort and the other being from a Star Wars series.

He was quietly reading the Star Wars book, when Server B asked if Server A had read a different book (I wasn't quite paying attention at that moment and so missed the title). The conversation continued:

Server A: No. Do you like to read?

Server B: Yes. I know a good place to go to get books.

Server A: The library? [I just about burst out in laughter, but managed somehow to contain myself. I quite enjoy that sort of humor, and am rather good at it myself.]

Server B: Well, yes, but I know a place in Springfield.

Server A: Barnes and Noble Booksellers?

Server B: Yes, that's it.
They seem to be two servers after my own heart.

Something else happened this morning at one of my two Masses that I wanted to let you about, but I can't for the life of me remember what it might have been. Or where.

No comments:

Post a Comment