06 August 2008

Childhood dreams

If someone were to present me with a large tub of Legos – or even a small tub – I could entertain myself for hours on end.

I grew up spending several hours each day playing with Legos in the constant attempt to construct and bigger and better castle (we often ran out of pieces simply on the gatehouse). I always found great joy playing with Legos and I even dreamt of working for Lego, which is why the news I recently learned made me very happy.

In the words of a brochure I picked up at Union Station in Chicago last Friday, “America’s first indoor Legoland, where interaction, learning and fun go hand in hand,” has come to Schaumburg, Illinois. It’s official title is the Legoland Discovery Centre (the site seems to be under construction at the moment, but I’m sure will be up and running soon).

At the discovery centre you can journey through a dragon’s castle and see how Legos are made. You can even build things there. You can be sure I’ll soon be making a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment