06 October 2007

A nap in Paris

This morning I had the pleasure of speaking to the Catholic Daughters of America during their day of reflection. I spoke with them briefly about the role of women in the Church, using Pope Benedict XVI's reflection on the women who assisted Jesus and who collaborated with Paul. They really enjoyed it and I enjoyed them.

In just a few minutes, after I pack up my things, I will be heading to Paris, Illinois - a little over an hour away - to fill in for a priest who had knee surgery a few weeks back; our retired priest is filling in for me in Effingham.

Tomorrow morning will be exhausting: Mass at 7:00 a.m. in North Arm, the mission of St. Mary's in Paris, and then it's back to Paris for Mass at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. I've not celebrated three Masses before Noon for quite some time, for which I am grateful. I'm quite tired after my first Mass of the day and half-dead after the second. You don't really want to see me after my third. Suffice it to say that I will be taking a nap in Paris before returning to Effingham. ...And my homily this weekend will be short, for which my parishioners in Effingham will no doubt be jealous as it happens rarely.

To those in Effingham, I wish to remind you about the Life Chain to be held tomorrow from 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. outside of Sacred Heart church. If you can't attend, please be sure to pray for a greater respect for life in our nation. You won't see me there because, if I'm not sleeping, I'll be on the highway.

A blessed weekend to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment