07 May 2005

The End of the Year

I now have completed my Reconciliation and Mass practicum courses and so the last of my preparations for the priesthood here at the seminary come to a close. It is a time both of sadness and of great joy. I will truly miss my brother classmates whom I have been privileged these past few years. They are men of great faith of zeal and will serve the Lord in love and devotion. I am honored to be numbered among them.

In just a few hours the University of St. Mary of the Lake / Mundelein Seminary will hold its Convocation and will award certificates and diplomas. I am to be granted both a Bachelors of Sacred Theology (S.T.B) and a Masters of Divinity (M.Div.) today. This will be the last time that I will see a number of my classmates until we return to the seminary in the Fall for a brief visit. I pray the Lord will grant us the perseverence to keep in close contact with each other.

Pray for us in these final days before priestly ordination.

No comments:

Post a Comment