On these shelves one can find anything from The Documents of the Second Vatican Council to such oddities as The Art of Tofu. It is often quite an eclectic collection.
Of the books which sat on the shelves five particularly caught my attention and begged to my numbered among the books of my own library:
1. The Oxford Illustrated History of the British Monarchy, by John Cannon and Ralph GriffithsI always get a chuckle when presenting such an assortment of books to a librarian or to a cashier at a bookstore; they are simply never quite sure how to take a seemingly odd collection of books at one time from one person. You should try it sometime.
2. The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
3. Catholic Household Blessings and Prayers, by the USCCB
4. Holy Thursday Letters to My Brother Priests (1979-1991), by Pope John II
5. An Heraldic Alphabet, by J.P. Brooke-Little