15 February 2005

The Scribe of the Servant and Steward

As this post is being typed, I am simply sitting in my chair at my desk speaking out loud into a microphone and my new computer program simply types in what I say. It is a lot of fun and I do wish I had been begun to use it some time ago. I am still in the process of training the program in the way that I speak and in recognition of my own voice. I think this training will take several more days as the two of us learn to work with each other.

I think this new software will come in very handy when I sit down to prepare homilies and letters and e-mail. Because I think faster than I type I now can simply speak what I'm thinking - which I think everyone will agree that I'm good at doing - and have all my thoughts recorded for me. It is like having my very own scribe :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment