11 March 2011

A working vacation of sorts

Wednesday evening I returned to Effingham to assist the Parochial Administrator of St. Anthony of Padua Parish with the evening Mass on Ash Wednesday. I will remain in Effingham until Wednesday.

It is good to be back in town for an extended time; what was to be just a weekend return has grown into a week, by the Lord's grace.

Thursday I attended a retreat for the junior class and celebrated Mass with them and attended an open house for the high school, which was attended by fifty potential students for the coming year.

Today I celebrated Mass for the high school students and had lunch with a former student who is home on spring break. In a short while I will play soccer with my former team before heading out to buy Pope Benedict XVI's recently released second volume of Jesus of Nazareth.

Tomorrow I will play another game of soccer and help with confessions and the evening Mass; Sunday will be much the same, but in the reverse order.

Monday I will help with a retreat with the eighth graders who will be confirmed in the faith by Bishop Paprocki Tuesday evening.

Wednesday morning I will help hear confessions for the high school students before returning to Springfield to assist with Confirmation at Blessed Sacrament Parish.

In the meantime, I will work on a few preparations for the Mass of Confirmation, prepare for the coming weekends Rites of Election and Calls to Continuing Conversion at the Cathedral, respond to a bit of correspondence and work on some research on the Servant of God Augustus Tolton.

No comments:

Post a Comment