10 November 2010

One down, one to go

This evening brought the conclusion of a Kairos retreat with the senior boys - my former students and players - from St. Anthony High School in Effingham.

It was a great pleasure to spend the last three days with them and a tremendous - and humbling - experience to watch them grow in faith and to see the Holy Spirit work among us.

I am very grateful to the boys for welcoming me back among them and for their cooperation and participation in the retreat. Thanks, boys!

Tonight I hope to have a normal night of sleep (retreats of this kind almost always mean a lack of sleep) before going off to a De Colores mens' retreat tomorrow through Sunday evening.

I know that this second retreat will also be a great experience, but I do wonder - at the present moment - about my mental condition when I agreed to do two retreats back-to-back like this.

Please keep the students in your prayers who have returned from retreat and the men in your prayers who will soon go on retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment