02 September 2006

A soccer game

Toward the end of the week I told a few of our soccer players from the parish high school that I would attend their game this morning, fully expecting to acomplish a great deal on Thursday and Friday, which - naturally - did not happen. I told them I would be unable to stay for the entire game, but that I would certainly be there.

Suffice it to say that this morning I felt entirely unready to go to the game, having a great many other things to attend to before I leave for a brief return home tomorrow early afternoon. Even with a mounting pile of work to sort through before I hit the road, I went to the game and enjoyed myself there for about an hour chatting with students and parents before I returned to the parish to meet with a couple for marriage.

Now, my homily is ready for the Masses and the pile of work is strangely being sorted through rather quickly. I love it when the Lord allows me to keep my promises and still get my work finished (and still post a blog)!

On a side note, of all of the sports that I do not like (I've never been a sports fan), soccer is the one that I like the most. If I see a soccer game on the television I am more likely to stop and watch it than anything else. I'm not entirely sure why. Perhaps it's the part of me that wishes I were European?

If I get really ambitious, I may travel with the team to one of their away games.

No comments:

Post a Comment