07 December 2006

Will it snow?

On the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception last year school was dismissed here on account of a heavy snow fall we received. As the celebrant of the 12:15 p.m. Mass at which our high school students were in attendance, it was my distinct pleasure to make the announcement at the conclusion of the Mass.

As I was returning to the sanctuary, a number of students asked me to join them after school to go sledding at the park. I did join them and had a delightful time.

For the past week now, I have been asking Our Lady of the Snows to smile upon us and give us another snow fall tomorrow.

I woke up this morning to see that Mary grinned at me . . . there was a light dusting of snow covering everything, and much of it remains now. Will she change her grin into a full, beaming smile?

Our Lady of the Snows, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment