21 March 2010

Patron saint of lost files?

Reader Steve sent in the following question:


St. Anthony is of course the patron saint of lost objects. Does he cover lost/misfiled documents on a hard drive as well? Or is this a project that Anthony has--well--subcontracted out, do you suppose? (I'm asking for a reason, as you might imagine. We DO need a patron saint for file management, wouldn't you agree?)
First, I certainly agree that we need a patron for lost files; I misplace them frequently, though it's usually the actual paper files that I lose than the electronic ones.

Second, I should think that dear St. Anthony would be able to help find your lost computer files.

However, if it should happen that he can't, you might call on the assistance of St. Isidore of Seville, the patron of the Internet.

If he can't find it, I'd should suggest calling on St. Thomas More. As Chancellor of England, he must have been a very organized and thorough man; I'll bet he could help.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Father; I'll try all three suggestions. (So far, Anthony hasn't come through. ;) The thing is, I have rough draft minutes I should have tranformed into final draft minutes a month ago, and now...what folder did I save it in? And the keyword search is no help, so I'm wondering if I...gulp...deleted it? Prayers going out to the saints you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...if you did delete them you could try St. Anthony again. After all, he did restore several people to life by his prayers. Maybe he could bring life again to deleted files.

    ReplyDelete